Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I'm tired of looking at skin"


This from one of my medic buddies at Camp Bucca, Iraq.


I'm tired of looking at skin. that sounds a little crazy but as of late, I find myself either cutting it open or sewing back up again.

I'm tired of smelling that metallic smell of blood and seeing infection oozing from wounds. it gets old.

I have been a Combat Medic now for 8 years, and I was in the Navy for 8 &1/2 years as a Hospital Corpsman. I am a Desert Storm Vet as well, and this is my 4th time in Iraq.

I'm glad we have young and eager people here that are excited about this type of stuff because I am more than happy to let them take the reigns of this horse for a while.

I have reached my hand into more than one situation and snatched a patient or two from the depths of the unknown. It's scary but you have to control your emotions. If you don't, they will control you.

well, that's about all I know. talk to you soon, d


"there is no greater love than one who lays down his life for a friend."

In awe,
Rog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home