Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012 in honor of my Uncle, Harry Clifford Swendsen.

As an annual tribute, I am publishing this page again to the memory of the following members of our families who are no longer with us, but did not hesitate to serve when their countries needed them. This Spring, our family lost the last who were members of the greatest generation and served in World War II. My wife's Great-great-great-great grandfather: Woody Jones - Served with Andrew Jackson in Louisiana, War of 1812 † Her Great-great-great-great Uncle Wiley Jones - Served with Andrew Jackson in Louisiana, War of 1812 † My wife's great-great grandfathers: Samuel Runnels - 39th Mississippi Infantry, Battle of Vicksburg † Robert J. Jones - 4th Mississippi Cavalry † My Great-Grandfather: Christen Godskesen – Royal Danish Army, Second Schleswig War of 1864 † My wife's grandfather: Alonzo Runnels - US Army, WWI † My Grandfather: Christian Martinus Swendsen – Royal Danish Army † My Great-Uncle: Oluf Swendsen – Royal Danish Army † My Uncles: Paul Swendsen - US Army forward artillery spotter - Europe, WWII † Carl Swendsen - US Army, WWII † Roy Swendsen - US Army Air Corp, South Pacific, WWII † Henry Godskesen - US Army Engineering Corp, WWII † My Father-In-Law: Charlie Runnels - US Navy, Korea † My cousin: Harlan Roy Swendsen - US Navy, Vietnam † My Brother-in-law: Carlos Hernandez - US Army Huey Helicopter Crewman, Vietnam † My cousin: Joe Swendsen - Minnesota Air National Guard, Diego Garcia Airlift Command † My uncle: Harry Clifford Swendsen - 8th Army, Medic, Europe, WWII † For all you did for us....we remember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home